Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thing 11 - LinkedIn

I have had a LinkedIn account for several years, so learning about this "Thing" was nothing new for me. I had not updated my profile recently, since beginning my position at FPL, so I did go ahead and log in to LinkedIn as part of this exercise and update my profile with my current information. I think LinkedIn is a useful social networking tool for some people, but it definitely does not hold a purpose for everyone. I created my account long ago, because it was the thing to do at the time, but since then I have probably only logged in a handful of times. I believe many people use this site to either recruit for positions at their company, or to try to "link" with a recruiter to find them a job. People also use this site to "network" more in the traditional business sense of the word rather than the common "social networking" found today through MySpace, Facebook, etc. I can see LinkedIn being useful for people and I'm glad I know about it so that I can share this with anyone whom it might seem helpful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment