Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thing 9 - Social Bookmarking

I actually already had an account with Delicious prior to reading about social bookmarking as part of 23 Things. However, I signed up out of curiosity not too long ago but after creating my account and saving several bookmarks, I have never gone back to use it. It is not a site/service that I feel is very useful for me personally, and I doubt I would ever use it regularly. To me, it is nice to have, in case I am ever at a strange computer and need quick access to a site, I could easily login to Delicious to find what I need. But the reality is that I don't foresee this happening very often. I could see library patrons finding social bookmarking helpful if they come to the library to use the public computers, that way they can easily access their favorite sites from any computers that they use.

No comments:

Post a Comment