Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thing 2

'Readers' occupy the #2 spot on the 23 Things list, and so I learned how to use Google Reader as a part of this exercise. The site is relatively simple to use and reminds me of a standard web-based email account setup as far as page orientation. Adding a new subscription is quite easy and they can be organized within your account in a series of folders, again, similar to email folders. So overall, I believe the usability of this reader is easy and user friendly. However, as far as usefulness, I haven't quite made up my mind as to how useful I feel this tool will really be to me. It seems to me that it would be just as easy to use a browser bookmark as opposed to adding something to Google Reader. I think if I were someone who had a large number of subscriptions to sites, especially blogs, then it might be more useful, especially to keep these organized. But as someone who is just venturing into the world of blogs, I don't think I'm going to incorporate Google Reader into daily use at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment